Sunday, September 13, 2009

it's a first

we just moved in our new house (with still a few bibs and bobs to get from our old place), fall is starting, winter coming soon and little kids grow fast. So you can imagine, there is a lot to do. From curtains (mainly finished...), to pillow cases and clothes.
I've just gotten my first own sewing machine, before I'd only worked with my mom. So I'm rather proud that I managed to finish curtains and a pillow case without her immediate help (though I had to call her a couple of times and ask for advice).
Once I'm done with the last two pillows (pictures to follow), I'll give clothes a shot.
Knitting is another of my hobbies, I'm just finishing up a pair of socks for myself, after that I wanna make some house shoes for Susan and then I still have to finish that sweater for a friend...
With me working full-time and a 2-year-old in the house, there is not a lot of time but knitting comes in handy on the train (I'm commuting) and sewing is just nice for the evening hours.
Plus, I got a week of leave ahead...
Let's see how long I'll last on this blogging thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment